Tidying up after 1Password7 upgrade

Options
simoncook
simoncook
Community Member

Hi,

I have just bought the standalone version of 1Password7 after having the AppStore version for many years (I had the latest version 6). The install went fine and I have a 1Password.app.zip file in the Applications folder which I will delete. Running 1Password7 shows all my data has been moved across successfully.

Looking closer, I notice now that I have the following folders in Libraries/Containers:

2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper
com.agilebits.onepassword-osx
com.agilebits.onepassword-osx.safariextensioncompanion
com.agilebits.onepassword7
com.agilebits.onepassword7-launcher
com.agilebits.onepassword7.1PasswordSafariAppExtension
com.agilebits.onepasswordnativemessaginghost

In Libraries/Group Containers I now have:

2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits

I see from other discussions that version 7 now has its database and backup files in the Group Containers folder structure so can I delete any of the folders in Libraries/Containers especially 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper?

Also, if I backup the Libraries/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits folder is that sufficient for a full restore if needed or are there any other locations I should backup?

Many thanks,

Simon

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @simoncook

We generally don't recommend manually cleaning up any of 1Password's files, but if they are causing a problem you should be fine to delete ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper after backing it up. ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/Backups contains backups of standalone vaults and is what I'd recommend backing up if not backing up the whole drive.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.