Hi, I have 1password6 on mac and I cannot find my emergency kit.

Options

hi, I have 1password6 and I did not see any reason to upgrade to 7. The thing is, I saw 1password has an emergency kit, something I am very worried about if I get my computer and phone stolen at the same time. But apparently there is no emergency kit for 1password6 . is there another way I could access my accounts if both my computer and phone are stolen at the same time?

I was also trying to install one password on a windows PC I have at home, which could work very well as a backup, but on your website I only find the 1password7 software, I cant find the 6, and so it requests a secrete key which version 6 does not have. How to solve all this?

thank you

Matteo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:emergency kit 1password6

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @matbb

The Emergency Kit is a feature of 1Password membership. You can read more about membership here:

About 1Password membership

I'd highly recommend considering upgrading. Not only will it get you an Emergency Kit it will also allow you to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your compatible devices.

I was also trying to install one password on a windows PC I have at home, which could work very well as a backup, but on your website I only find the 1password7 software, I cant find the 6, and so it requests a secrete key which version 6 does not have. How to solve all this?

1Password for Windows requires either a 1Password membership, or a 1Password for Windows license for the version you're trying to use. A 1Password for Mac license will not work on 1Password for Windows. Secret Keys are exclusive to 1Password membership. Membership would be your best option here.

The process to upgrade to membership is fairly straight forward, but if you'd like we have a guide that walks through the process, here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.