Surely there's a better way

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

I just changed my email address so I had the dreaded task of logging into over 150 sites in 1Password to make the email change, and then edit the login 1Password profiles after each login. It was already a time-consuming task but made even more time-consuming by something I think could be handled better in the 1Password UX.

Every time you edit a login and then SAVE it, 1Password takes you back to the first entry in the login list. This isn't a big deal for the first couple of pages but in the latter half of the logins, it quickly becomes a major pain. After pressing SAVE it would be nice if 1Password kept your place in the long list of logins, but it doesn't.

As often as folks change emails, I can't believe I'm the first person to mention this...but I didn't see it anywhere in the forum. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: macOS 10.15
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

After pressing SAVE it would be nice if 1Password kept your place in the long list of logins, but it doesn't.

This is what happens in my 1Password app. It's strange that you are taken back to the beginning of the login list every time.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

It works as it should in the 1Password app on my iPhone 11 Pro. It does not work correctly in macOS 10.15. Did you try it with macOS?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

Yes, I tested it on macOS 10.15 (you posted in the Mac forum so that's where I assumed I had to test it).

Is the same thing happening consistently even after rebooting your computer?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. It’s a relatively new Mac mini with no other issues. If I make a change to a login at the end of the alphabet then SAVE it, I’m taken to the top of the login list.

• Ben
    Options

@LarryMcJ

Are your edits removing the item that you're editing from the list? I.e. Does the item no longer appear in the list after you click save?

Ben

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

No, they remain. I noticed this when changing my email address in each login. Everything else is working fine.

• Ben
    Options

That's very strange, @LarryMcJ. I haven't been able to reproduce that issue. I recorded a video showing what I'm doing:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/tmp/ben/20191021ka7jy.mp4)

Any thoughts as to what might be different between what I'm doing and what you're doing?

Ben

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

OK...this is really strange (or maybe not, given all the other problems with macOS Catalina). I restarted once yesterday when I first noticed this and it persisted. I just now restarted again and the issue disappeard. Thanks to you both for the help...I'll keep an eye on it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am happy to hear that things are working as expected for you :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I'm blaming Catalina! No way could it have been 1Password's fault :) BTW, a couple of minutes ago I finished an email chat with a friend in TX, convincing him to get the Families subscription. He was just about to get LastPass :(

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like you helped him dodge a bullet. ;) All kidding aside, thank you for being a 1Password evangelist. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.