1Password 7 - how do I delete a compromised Facebook app on MacBook

Options
nolawilliams2
nolawilliams2
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

I am VERY frustrated because I cannot delete the compromised Facebook app in 1Password 7. Watchtower is also indicating other compromised sites. Please advise. Thanks. Nola

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1Password 7.app
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how delete compromised app on 1Password 7 for mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nolawilliams2!

If Watchtower is reporting compromised logins, you should change those passwords and the warnings for those sites will disappear.

• nolawilliams2
    nolawilliams2
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response ag_ana however when I open 1Password, and open the Facebook app and click on Edit to delete the app, the "Compromised Website" appears at which stage 1Password freezes and my only option is to Force Quit 1Password. There are also other compromised apps noted in Watchtower to which the same thing is happening. Please advise. Thanks

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

I'm sorry to hear 1Password is freezing. There is a test we can run to see what it is trying to do (under the hood) when it is frozen. The next time this happens, while 1Password is frozen, please send us a process sample and a diagnostic report. To create a diagnostic report from your Mac, please see this guide`:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

To generate the process sample:

1. Open the Activity Monitor application (you can use Spotlight to find it) and search for "1Password 7"
    2. Select 1Password 7 in the list and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    3. When it is finished, save the sample to a file.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the 1Password Extension Helper process

Attach the diagnostics and samples to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108215/1password-7-how-do-i-delete-a-compromised-facebook-app-on-macbook#latest
    • Your forum username: nolawilliams2

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Hopefully our development team can identify what is causing 1Password to freeze so that they can correct that in a future update.

Ben

ref: KVK-79318-211

This discussion has been closed.