Vault and Password Cleanup

Hi all,

I am trying to clean up my vaults in 1password. Since subscribing I had tried to import from keepass to 1password. Managed to create two separate vaults. Since then I have just created a mess as sometimes creating logins and passwords I store it in one vault and not the other etc.

Not a product issue more a user issue this :) Never the less now I want to clean it up. What I am trying to do (and the question) is merge the two vaults I have. Say I have Vault 1 = Personal and Vault 2 = Keepass -- I want to create one vault called = MyVault.

I was thinking to exporting both vaults into excel cleaning it up there and then re importing it into 1password.
Questions:
1. Is there an easier way to do this in 1password?
2. Is there a way to check for duplication in 1password?
3. What is the recommended way?

Would appreciate the advise.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Hey @mypassword,

Yes :) If you haven't already created, what you called, "MyVault", then go to https://my.1password.com/signin, sign in, click on your top left "New Vault" and create one.

1. Is there a way to check for duplication in 1password?

I'm not sure, I think there isn't. (I'm not part of 1Password so later you might get a better answer).

1. What is the recommended way?

After creating a new vault go to the vault you want to export your passwords from, click on
    and click "Ctrl+A" to select all of your items you wish to move or copy to "MyVault", right-click on them and choose share. You will then see all of your vaults you can move or copy it to. Should look like this:
    Hey @mypassword,

You do :)
    If you haven't already created, what you called, "MyVault", then go to https://my.1password.com/signin, sign in, and click on your top left "New Vault" and create one.

I'm not sure, I think there isn't.

After creating a new vault go to the vault you want to export your passwords from, click on
    and click "Ctrl+A" to select all of your items you wish to move or copy to "MyVault", right-click on them and choose share. You will then see all of your vaults you can move or copy it to. Should look like this:

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Hey @mypassword,

There is :) You don't necessarily have to open a new vault, you can just move/copy your items from "Keepass" to your private vault instead. Also, note that the name of the private vault cannot be changed, nor it can be erased, so it'll definitely be easier for you to just move your items to your private vault instead of creating another one.

I'm not sure, I think there isn't (I'm not part of 1Password, so you might get a better answer on that one later).

Go to your "Keepass" vault and click on . Then click "crtl+A" to select all of your logins, right-click on them with your mouse and select "Share". It should look like this:

Good luck :)

• mypassword
    mypassword
    Community Member

Thank you so much going to try this

• In addition to @Yulka1355's most excellent suggestions, @mypassword, I'd also highlight the various sort options within 1Password. For de-duping, for example, it can be handy to sort by title. This allows you to quickly scan through your item list and find items with the same name. When you locate these, you can take a look at the item details for each and get rid of the item that wasn't modified as recently. Another handy tidbit is that even if you send a given item to the trash, it'll stay there unless and until you empty the trash so even if you make a mistake, you can restore the erroneously deleted item from the trash even if it's been a while. Plus, even if you empty the trash, you have some additional time to recover archived items from Item History. Finally, the "Reused Passwords" section of Watchtower can be helpful as well. While you may still have some passwords that are reused across accounts, folks who have been using a password manager for a time tend to have far fewer of these, if you've got any at all. Looking through that list can often bring duplicate items with different titles to light as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.