1Password 6 + Safari 13

Comments

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

I'm running 1Password V. 6.8.9 and Mac OS 10.14.6. Safari is version 13.0.2. 1PW is not filling in passwords, need to copy and paste. A restart did not solve the issue.

• @Jody

I'm sorry for the trouble. Safari 13 is not compatible with 1Password 6. Please see this announcement:

1Password 6 in Safari — 1Password Forum

Thanks!

Ben

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member

Ah, too bad Ben, I didn't really want to go the subscription route but it looks like I may have to. Are there any upgrade coupons for 1 PW6 users?

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

What Ben neglected to say was: After you upgrade to 1Password 7, you can enjoy the new software once AGAIN not working with Safari 13.0.2 (although blame for the snafu has not yet been definitively assigned).

• @Jody

Please feel free to reach out to our team at support@1password.com to see what promotions might be available. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• To clarify, I am pretty sure there is a way to publish 1Password 6 extension working within the new platform within Safari 13.

If we could've continued using the safariextz extension we had we likely wouldn't have invested the time and resources building the Safari App Extension for 1Password 7. There is no way to install safariextz extensions anymore that is supported by Apple.

you are effectively making 1Password 6 unusable

You're welcome to use 1Password 6 with any of the number of non-Safari browsers that we support: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Brave...

you force them to pay twice for one thing

That's just factually inaccurate, sorry. You're not paying for the same thing twice. You're paying for a new version, if you want to use it.

The way you communicate this issue is disgusting...

I'm sorry we've made you feel that way. We're trying to be as clear and concise as possible, and present the available options.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

I am not sure there is anything I can add to what my colleagues Ben and Brenty wrote already. We have explained our view on this and the reason why this happened, and we have also given you possible workarounds. Unfortunately the fact that Apple discontinued the Safari Extension Gallery means that 1Password 6 will not work with Safari anymore. You can continue using 1Password 6 with every other browser we support (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Brave - which still work with 1Password 6), but if you specifically need to use Safari, you will need to upgrade.

If you do not want to continue using 1Password 6 with other browsers, or upgrade to 1Password 7 to use the new Safari extensions, we respect that decision. We obviously would be sad to see you go, but we sincerely hope you will find something that works for you, even if it means using a different password manager. No matter what you end up choosing, please stay safe online.

If you want to continue being part of this community, please review the forum guidelines. This is a public forum, and we will not tolerate abusive behavior or bad language anymore.

• Rdhded
    Rdhded
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

OK, I've read the above. I upgraded to Safari 13 yesterday, not realizing it would break my 1PW extension. I reinstalled Safari Vers 12 from a backup-no 1PW extension. Is there not a way to revert back to Safari 12 and get my extension back? I realize I can use Chrome, Firefox or Opera.

ref: GAN-77421-544

This discussion has been closed.