Prevent 1Password 7 from launching in startup

kdeemerkdeemer Junior Member

I am using 1Password X. How can I prevent 1Password 7 from launching on startup? (Mac OSX 10.14.6)

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 11.16.2
OS Version: OXS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:prevent 1Password 7 from launching ion startup

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @kdeemer!

When 1Password for Mac is open, you can right-click on its icon in the dock > select Options and then disable Open at Login if it is currently enabled :)

• kdeemerkdeemer Junior Member

Thanks. I had already done that but 1Password continues to load at startup.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited October 21

@kdeemer:

Is 1Password 7 listed under Login items in your Mac's System Preferences panel?

No, it isn’t.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@kdeemer

What are you seeing from 1Password when your mac starts up? If you're just seeing the menu bar icon, and want to prevent that, you can either uncheck 1Password > Preferences > General > Show 1Password in the menu bar, or uncheck 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running.

Ben

In Activity Monitor, I have
    1Password 7
    1Password Extension Helper
    1PasswordNativeMessageHost

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Okay, but are you actually getting a window from 1Password when you log into your Mac? If not the instructions I posted above should help.

Ben

I do not get any window on login, but 1Pasword Extension helper still loads.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@kdeemer

Please confirm you've unchecked 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running.

Ben

Confirmed

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Do you have any web browsers launching on startup, and if so do you have the 1Password extension installed in those browsers?

Ben

I have 1PasswordX installed in Firefox, but it does not launch at startup

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@kdeemer

That's really odd. I'm not seeing that behavior here. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108193/prevent-1password-7-from-launching-in-startup#latest
    • Your forum username: kdeemer

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Hopefully the report will give us some clue as to why this is happening on your system but not on mine.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file