Resolution? Touch ID not opening 1Password7

Options
rossj00000
rossj00000
Community Member

I did not see a topic for this so have submitted this for info. I have 1Password7 7.3.2 (70302003) on a MacBook Air which was just upgraded yesterday to macOS Catalina (10.15). As usual, at login I would have to enter my MacBook user password to enable Touch ID. The dock setting to autostart 1Password7 at login was previously checked but after the OS upgrade the check in the dock for the application was gone, so I corrected it to start at login. That was easy to fix but I became somewhat perturbed when I am forced to enter my master password EVERYTIME to get into the application. I went into Preferences\Security and "Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password" was still checked as before. I also have "Require Master Password every 2 weeks" so didn't know why I was being prompted for it everytime. Rebooted, same result. So I then UNCHECKED allowing Touch ID, shutdown and rebooted, and as expected it did not prompt me for Touch ID. Manually logged into 1Password7 with master password and this time I rechecked it to enable the security setting just mentioned. Closed all applications, shutdown and rebooted, and Touch ID is now working. Don't know if this is a 1Password7 issue or a Catalina issue. I'd suspect this is a Catalina issue since the only change was the OS.

Comments

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe I spoke too soon as this issue seems to have reared its ugly head again. Any suggestions on how to resolve this for good?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rossj00000!

Was TouchID working as expected in 1Password before the macOS upgrade?

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member
    Options

No. It did work for a couple of times and then reverted to not working again, asking for my master password every time. This time there were no changes to cause it to stop working. No OS updates or fixes, nothing, and I’m now starting to think it’s directly related to some issue within 1Password itself.

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I didn’t properly answer your question the way it was worded. Yes, the Touch ID prompt was working before the OS upgrade.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @rossj00000. I think at this point it may be good to get a look 'under the hood', as it were. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108145/resolution-touch-id-not-opening-1password7#latest
    • Your forum username: rossj00000

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member
    Options

[#TQH-12548-841]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your report. We will take a look and get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: TQH-12548-841

This discussion has been closed.