To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Failed to load vault. Request timed out

jasonbraganza
jasonbraganza
Community Member

i use 1password on my iphones, ipads, macs and 1passwordx within the browsers on my linux desktop

they all sync seamlessly and work well.

the problem (started about a month back i think) is when i want to manually do something on the linux desktop

like save a password i generated for an app on the desktop

or just browsing to my.1password.com so that i can manually edit an entry.

i just cannot do it

it syncs just fine and if it automatically generates and saves passwords on a webpage that works fine.

i just cannot manually access my vaults

have attached screenshots of the errors

at first i thought it could probably be the adblocker in firefox. but chrome has no blocking extensions and the same problem persists there too.

i am using 1passwordX 1.16.2 on chrome 77.0.3865.120 and firefox 69.0.3.

i really need this to work, because linux is now becoming my primary daily driver more than my apple devices.

please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Linux Mint
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jasonbraganza! I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble. Based on the description, it sounds like the 1Password web app is where things are going wrong, but I'm curious to learn more. I don't think your screenshots came through with your original post. If you could post them in a comment, that would be awesome.

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

sorry. i forgot. trying to attach here!

screenshot

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member

full screen

• Hi @jasonbraganza

I've asked one of the folks that works on our web app to look into this and chime in here. They should be in touch soon.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jasonbraganza: Do you perhaps have content blockers or other "security" software/extensions that may be interfering? We see this sort of thing when a connection can legitimately not be established, or when it cannot be established securely -- a "person-in-the-middle" inserting themselves between your browser and the 1Password server in order to "scan" your traffic, for instance.

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member

@brenty Firefox has ublock origin. But I have been using it a long time and this setup did work until recently

Chrome has no plugins and it does not work there either

The native apps and browser plugins work on the Mac with ublock origin enabled, syncing works all across, and I can use 1PasswordX to fill in and copy paste flawlessly. Just accessing the site to edit items does not work and it is driving me batty 😀

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

That's really odd, @jasonbraganza. Would you be able to describe for us how this computer is connecting to the internet? Are you using a VPN / proxy server / connecting through tor? Do you have any filtering happening at the DNS level that you know of?

If as a troubleshooting step you disable all extensions in Firefox, does it work then?

Ben

• jasonbraganza
    jasonbraganza
    Community Member

Seems like that is my ISP upto something.
    I switched to another wifi and that seems to have solved the problem.

Thank you all so much for helping out.

• Glad to hear that seems to have sorted it, though that is somewhat concerning about your ISP. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.