I cant save any new passwords

TimTastic
TimTastic
Community Member

Today I started having issues that after i press the Save button on new entries the password does not get saved.

I tried restarting the application entirely without any difference.

Any advice on how to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password cloud

Comments

• Hi @TimTastic

Could you please check 1Password > Preferences > Accounts and make sure your account is listed and not frozen? Also please check the Vaults tab and make sure the Vault for Saving is set to what you expect (and where you're looking for the items you're saving).

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• TimTastic
    TimTastic
    Community Member

Both my personal subscription and my current employments 1password subscription is active and listed.
    I tried different vault to save to and tried using all vaults to later search up my newly saved password without any results.

It seems to work now when i switched network when i got home. Is the application not suppose to give me some sort of error if there are connectivity issues where saving is affected?
    It feels a bit risky that my data could have gone unsaved and there is no indicator that an error occurred?

• It seems to work now when i switched network when i got home. Is the application not suppose to give me some sort of error if there are connectivity issues where saving is affected?
    It feels a bit risky that my data could have gone unsaved and there is no indicator that an error occurred?

An internet / network connection is not required to save your data. The data is saved locally and then synced to 1Password.com when internet is available. I suspect playing with the settings was more likely to have had an effect here vs changing networks.

Can you please confirm that when you save an item now it appears in your vault as expected?

Ben

• TimTastic
    TimTastic
    Community Member

I see where i went wrong now. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

All my password were saved but they never appear in All Vaults because it was not on a cloud based vault, but on the Primary Vault on my Mac? Is that how it should work?

• No; ideally the Primary vault would be deleted. Have you saved a bunch of stuff in the Primary vault since upgrading to membership? If so you may want to sort the Primary vault's view by Date Modified and then manually migrate any of the newest items over to the Personal vault in your individual membership. Once all of your data is visible to you at https://my.1password.com/ please delete the Primary vault:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please note this may change the password you need to use to unlock 1Password. Without the Primary vault, 1Password will unlock using the Master Password of the first membership account you added to the app.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• TimTastic
    TimTastic
    Community Member

I think this has to be a bug of some sort. If I am in "All Vaults" press the "+" sign to create a new login. Then i enter the name and whatever credentials i want to save. Change the Vault under the Name input and press "Save" button. Then the new login is still saved under Primary Vault on my mac instead of the cloud vault i chose. Do you experience the same issue?

• @TimTastic

What do you see in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults > Vault for Saving?

Ben

• TimTastic
    TimTastic
    Community Member

Ah, there it was set to Primary Vault on my Mac. I changed it now to my cloud accounts primary vault and new entries get saved there now. However I still find it odd that you get to change vault as an option when you create a new entry, but It does not really have any effect on where it gets placed?

• When creating an item from All Vaults it'll be saved in the "vault for saving." I would highly recommend deleting the "Primary" vault at this point unless there is good reason to keep it. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.