Desktop app integration and 1PX beta for FireFox

I have been using Brave for the past year, but after Firefox 70's release yesterday (now has a more efficient renderer on mac), I am thinking of going back to Firefox. The one thing that is stopping me is the lack of desktop app integration with the Mac app and lack of a beta. I personally like seeing the fast beta updates and it would be great to see this on Firefox. Any ETA on this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jadchaar! It hasn't been officially announced yet, but we do have a 1Password X beta for Firefox. You can install it here. Let us know if you run into any issues. :)

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

@kaitlyn thanks for the speedy response! Will this auto-update? Or do I have to manually update it as new versions are released? Will this be released to the Firefox extension gallery at some point?

Also, does it have desktop app integration?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – Good questions.

• It normally would auto-update, but we've had reports of it not updating since we released this last beta. It's something we'll be looking into, and it should auto-update in the future.
    • We don't have any plans to release it on the Add-On Gallery at the moment.
    • Yes, Desktop App Integration will absolutely work in Firefox as long as you have this beta installed (and the 1Password for Mac beta as well).
  • jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I just manually updated my extensions by clicking "Check for updates" in the extensions page. I am on 1.17.2 now :).

I also got desktop app integration working! Thanks.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – I'm glad to hear that!

This discussion has been closed.