Merge 2 vaults

Dnovo
Dnovo
Community Member

Hi all,

Don't know what happened but I've 2 vaults Personal and Primary and they both have hundreds of passwords stored.
My guess is that most are identical but the Personal has ± 50 more items.
I've no idea which vault has the latest information.
The only one I can sync with iCloud is the Primary so I'd like to continue with this one.
Is there a way to merge them in such a way that the most recent data is used?
I've an iMac and an iPhone which should stay synced.

Best regards,
Peter

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dnovo! Welcome to the forum!

The Personal vault is created when you switch to a 1Password.com account. From that point on, only that vault is normally used by the 1Password app, and we do not recommend keeping the old Primary vault or syncing with iCloud anymore. All of this happens automatically with 1Password.com, so there is no need to keep duplicate vaults around.

There is no way to merge two vaults, but you can sort the items in them by date modified to see which ones have been changed recently, if you want to make sure you are not missing anything.

• tsansone
    tsansone
    Community Member

So, can I get rid of the vault called "1Password" and just keep the one called "Personal" without losing any data that I need?

• If everything you want is in the Personal vault, yes.

Ben

• tsansone
    tsansone
    Community Member

Where did the "1Password" vault come from? Is there an easy way to tell if all the entries in the "1Password" vault are also in the "Personal" Vault?

• @tsansone

Where did the "1Password" vault come from?

I don't know that I have a way of answering that. When did it appear? What changes did you make around the time it did?

Is there an easy way to tell if all the entries in the "1Password" vault are also in the "Personal" Vault?

I'd recommend sorting the item list in each vault by date modified. That should make it easier to spot differences between the two.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.