How to Copy/Fill in Passwords on My Iphone

Good afternoon I'm feeling kind of dumb but here it goes I'm using 1 Password on my PC if I use a suggested password for amazon on my pc how do I copy it to the app on my phone.

TIA

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited October 2019

You shouldn't need to copy anything, @dixiedregs. Your 1Password data should sync automatically to 1Password for iOS on your iPhone and allow you to use iOS Password AutoFill to fill that suggested password there. You can learn how to install and set up 1Password for iOS here:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/

And you can learn all about using Password AutoFill here:

https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

Of course, any questions, I'm here to help. :chuffed:

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply I appreciate your help. OBTW what is the difference between the web browser and that app that I d/l

• The app has some additional super powers over the web UI, @dixiedregs. It allows you to access your data offline, just to give one example. Most folks will use either the desktop app or the 1Password browser extension for most of their day-to-day. You can view, edit, copy/paste, and otherwise manipulate data in the desktop app. The extension is there to fill for you in your browser when you're signing into a website. The web UI, on the other hand, is used mostly for management stuff. If you need to adjust your billing, you can do it there. It can also be used to invite family members if you have 1Password families (or want to upgrade) and control what shared vaults they have access to.

I'd suggest taking a look at our "Getting to Know" articles on the support site to learn more about using the 1Password apps. There is one for each platform and you can find Windows here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-windows/

They give you a nice overview of how to handle the basics and also provide links off to other articles where you can learn more about using 1Password across your devices. :chuffed:

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member

Thanks again. I have one other quick question. I originally installed the free ios app and used it for three years. I recently purchased the full version. My question is now my ios app and my personal account information are now together on my phone do I need to delete the app and reinstall it so it defaults to my paid account.

Thanks for your help again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dixiedregs, on behalf of Kate you are very welcome!

If you already use your 1Password account in 1Password on your iOS device, there is no need to reinstall the app. Please check if you see only your Personal vault in 1Password app now. If you do, you should be all set.

Let us know what you find. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member

Thanks I see on my iphone only one Vault. I guess I'm confused because on my iPhone and Ipad I have to use the password to open that I set up in 2014 not the master pass that I use for the web and app on my pc.

• In that case, @dixiedregs, you may not have signed in to your account on the iOS devices yet. Since you already migrated your data to your account, you see the same data across devices, but since that data lives somewhere different on your iOS devices, it's using a different Master Password – the one for the vault you've been using since 2014. Check to see if your account is added on your iPhone – tap Settings > 1Password Accounts and see if there are any accounts listed there. If not, you can follow this guide to add your account:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/?ios

You shouldn't see another prompt to migrate your existing data, but on the off chance that you do, don't do it. That'll just create duplicates and no one wants that. After you've added your account, you can remove your old vault – tap Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete vault. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.