Restore onto iPhone from iPad backup ... what is my short unlock code

bassclef
bassclef
Community Member
I just restored to set up a new iPhone .. since my iPad had most recent content and more of it that my other backups I picked that one in iTunes. Now 1Password Pro on my iPhone is asking for my short unlock code. I don't know what it is, and I'm beginning to suspect that there isn't one set since the iPad doesn't have one (so the restored files wouldn't have that field set).

Any advice? Is there a standard value that would be present? I didn't try 0000 yet :-)

Thanks.

(I use dropbox syncing so obviously I can just nuke the app on the iPhone and start from there, but ... seems like something fell through the cracks here).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    You'll need to set the master password on your iPad to a 4-digit code before creating the backup, then restore it to your iPhone using that code. (See the last paragraph of the Backup & Restore section in the User Guide.)

The easiest thing to do would be to just set up Dropbox syncing. If you plan on syncing with Dropbox anyway (as you mentioned), just save yourself the backup/restore dance and go with Dropbox to begin with. :-)
This discussion has been closed.