New PC ... Downloading 1pw

Just got a new PC. Loved having 1pw on my old PC (also use it on iPad). How do I easily load it when I've already purchased it? Or do I need to start over?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Welcome to the forum, mterrell!

If you do not plan to continue using 1Password on your old PC, and you do not have Dropbox installed on your old PC:

First, you need to copy or move your 1Password data folder (typically 1Password.agilekeychain) from your old PC to your new PC, where you should put the folder in one of these locations:

Windows 7:
    C:\Users\your-name\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\your-name\My Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Next, you need to download 1Password for Windows from our web site (http://agilebits.com/downloads). If you're asked whether to create a new data folder or use an existing one, select the "use existing" option, and direct 1Password to the new location of the folder you just copied.

If you plan to continue using 1Password on your old PC, as well as your new PC; if you already have already have Dropbox installed on your old PC; or if you plan to sync your 1Password data with other PCs, Macs, or mobile devices:

First, make sure Dropbox is installed on the old PC and your 1Password data is under Dropbox sync control.

Next, install Dropbox on your new PC, and wait for Dropbox to finish copying your 1Password data from your private Dropbox web site.

Finally, install 1Password on your new PC. 1Password will automatically detect the presence of Dropbox and your 1Password data folder within the Dropbox folder hierarchy. (If it does not, press Ctrl+O in 1Password, and locate the .agilekeychain folder in your Dropbox folder hierarchy.)

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Great! Got it done. Know an easy way to get the icon back in my Internet Explorer toolbar? Loved having that login feature.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Please see these articles in the FAQ section of the user's guide:
This discussion has been closed.