Moved from V6 with Dropbox sync to V7 with subscription. Now iPhone and Mac vaults don’t match.

rbanks88
rbanks88
Community Member

The correct data is in my agilekeychain file in Dropbox. My phone is syncing to Dropbox, even though I did connect it to the 1P account by scanning the code on my Mac.

How do I get my Dropbox data into the 1P account? I assume with the account/subscription, I won’t use Dropbox any more?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rbanks88!

You can move your Dropbox data inside your 1Password account by following these instructions.

I assume with the account/subscription, I won’t use Dropbox any more?

That's correct: once you have migrated your data, you can stop using Dropbox to sync your 1Password items :)

• rbanks88
    rbanks88
    Community Member

How do I get my Dropbox data into the 1P account? The phone is correct, but after upgrading, the Mac is missing things on the phone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rbanks88:

You can move your Dropbox data inside your 1Password account by following these instructions.

If you have migrated your data inside your new 1Password account already, you don't need to do it again. In this case, on your Mac you just need to add your 1Password account to the app.

• rbanks88
    rbanks88
    Community Member

More info: The correct data that’s on my phone is in a vault titled, "Primary."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rbanks88:

Indeed, Dropbox data is stored by default in your Primary vault.

• rbanks88
    rbanks88
    Community Member

I think I solved it with a bit of tedious work.

I marked the items in the Mac's Private vault as "favorites" so a star would show in the list, then imported the Dropbox keychain into the Private vault. From there it was easy to move the starred items that had an unstarred duplicate into a backup vault (just in case). Now the private vaults on both the phone and Mac agree.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! I'm happy to hear that everything is sorted :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.