Can I turn off save new password alerts for one website

Options
mackim
mackim
Community Member

I am entering a lot of customer account information in a ticketing software site. The customer record contains a password which I cannot see. Every time I save changes to an account 1Password asks me if I want to save the new password, which I don't because it's not my password. Is there a way I can turn that feature off temporarily or just for that website?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mackim!

You can add this website as an exception under 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them :)

• mackim2
    mackim2
    Community Member
    Options

thank you, I’ll give that a try.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mackim2, you are very welcome!

Please let us know how it goes. :)

• mackim
    mackim
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got around to trying that but it has not changed anything. I tried different variations on the URL and finally settled on the bare bones version with no subdirectories after it. No result. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mackim:

It should be enough to enter just the domain in the list. Have you tried that as well?

• mackim2
    mackim2
    Community Member
    Options

What I entered is https://secure.tixhub.com . When I entered it there didn’t seem to be a button or anything to save it so I just closed the preferences dialog box. I wondered if it didn’t save but when I go back to it, it’s still there. It’s puzzling.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mackim2:

Can you please try entering just the domain? In your case, that would be "tixhub.com".

• mackim2
    mackim2
    Community Member
    Options

Still no luck I’m afraid.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mackim2:

One more question: when you are on the page where you are updating a customer record, what is the URL there? Does it also start with "https://secure.tixhub.com"?

• mackim
    mackim
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the full URL: https://secure1.tixhub.com/shuswap/bom/u_reg.asp
    I've tried every combination I can think of. As a workaround I could just turn off the feature entirely while I"m working on this database but I expect it will be a frequent need to turn it off and on. It would be very nice if the exception could work all the time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mackim:

I have just tried adding "tixhub.com" again to the list of allowed domains here, and no 1Password prompt appears for me on that site. But I am on 1Password version 7.3.2, I wonder if this could have something to do with the fact that you are running the legacy version 6 of 1Password.

• mackim2
    mackim2
    Community Member
    Options

No, I’m running the latest version. I just upgraded. Have you opened an account with TixHub so that you need a password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mackim2:

Even without an account, you can try logging in on the first page you linked to. With "tixhub.com" added to the exceptions list, 1Password did not prompt me to save my credentials for the website.

• mackim2
    mackim2
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll fiddle with it tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome :) And sounds good, please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.