archiving oldies

koppenhoefer
koppenhoefer
Community Member

Is there a way to remove entries, without deleting them, from the watchtower list... like into an Archive or something?

I have old accounts that no longer exist but for which I want to retain my collected information without their entries creating noise in Watchtower (username, password, notes, tags, attachments, etc.). I know that I can move them to a separate vault,.. but as I use 1Password7 standalone with sync on iCloud, the consequence would sadly mean me losing access to those entries on my mobile devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

Hi @koppenhoefer

I know that I can move them to a separate vault,..

That would be the only solution that I'm aware of, and what I would normally recommend here. Then I'd recommend removing the archive vault from All Vaults (1Password > Preferences > Vaults > Show in All Vaults).

but as I use 1Password7 standalone with sync on iCloud, the consequence would sadly mean me losing access to those entries on my mobile devices.

If the intention is for this to be an archive (which is presumably infrequently accessed), ... I suppose you would have to weigh the value of having them on your mobile devices vs the value of not having them listed in Watchtower. Alternatively you could opt for a more flexible sync option, which can sync multiple vaults:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.