iPad OS 13.2

shermanwilcox
shermanwilcox
Community Member

I just upgraded to iPadOS 13.2. My 1Password opens on MacBook Pro, iPhone 11 on 13.2, but it will NOT accept the same password on iPad. What happened?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• shermanwilcox
    shermanwilcox
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Okay, user error. "Enter Master Password" at the 1Password prompt means the iPad password, not the 1Password password.

• Hi @shermanwilcox

Okay, user error. "Enter Master Password" at the 1Password prompt means the iPad password, not the 1Password password.

That shouldn't be the case. If you are using a 1Password membership can you please check each of your devices and see if any of them have a vault called "Primary" on them? This can be checked by opening the vault switcher, at the upper left corner of the app.

Ben

• shermanwilcox
    shermanwilcox
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Yes, I am using a membership and yes, my iPad has a Primary vault although it’s not the active vault. My iPhone does NOT show the Primary vault, only “Personal”. That’s the same for my MacBook Pro: Only the Personal vault.

So does this mean I have the iPad set up wrong?

Thanks for your help, Ben.

• @shermanwilcox

Once you've migrated to a membership the Primary vault should be deleted, and then you'd unlock all of your devices using the Master Password associated with your 1Password.com membership. Instructions on deleting the Primary vault can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Once you've done that you should be able to unlock the iPad with the same Master Password as your other devices. :+1:

Thanks for your help, Ben.

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• shermanwilcox
    shermanwilcox
    Community Member

Ah, thanks! I'll do this.

• Great. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.