macbook when 1PW asks if i want to update a login and i say "update" "server is not responding"

ppdoc
ppdoc
Community Member

Started when I joined families using a macbook with latest OS (happend with prior OS also) when i am asked if i want 1PW to update a log in and i click update the blue icon turns red with message server not available or responding try later and icon is red?
thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:server not responding

Comments

• Hi @ppdoc,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. Could you please let me know if the problem is still occurring? If it is... are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Ben

• ppdoc
    ppdoc
    Community Member

Interesting: yes i was able to log into my password.com HOWEVER: when using chrome, when typing in a new username and PW at a site 1password (which was open) did not ask if i should save the new site and PW to 1password, when i did the same thing in firefox, I get the message would you like to save this to 1password and when i click yes i get the "we were unable to reach the server please check your internet connection and try again" and the blue update icon is replace with a red update icon. when i do the same maneuver in safari, there is no popup asking if i want to save the new site and password to 1password. So in 2 browsers I don't get asked if i want to save a new site in a 3rd browser i am asked if i want to save in 1password but am told the server can't be reached.

• ppdoc
    ppdoc
    Community Member

Interesting: yes i was able to log into my password.com HOWEVER: when using chrome, when typing in a new username and PW at a site 1password (which was open) did not ask if i should save the new site and PW to 1password, when i did the same thing in firefox, I get the message would you like to save this to 1password and when i click yes i get the "we were unable to reach the server please check your internet connection and try again" and the blue update icon is replace with a red update icon. when i do the same maneuver in safari, there is no popup asking if i want to save the new site and password to 1password. So in 2 browsers I don't get asked if i want to save a new site in a 3rd browser i am asked if i want to save in 1password but am told the server can't be reached.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ppdoc:

Did you install the 1Password browser extension on all of these browsers?

• ppdoc
    ppdoc
    Community Member

yes I did

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ppdoc:

Can you please open 1Password Preferences > Browsers and make sure that both Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running and Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them are enabled?

• ppdoc
    ppdoc
    Community Member

that box is checked

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Both of them @ppdoc?

• ppdoc
    ppdoc
    Community Member

yes both in the browser and the mac app

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ppdoc:

Please send us a diagnostics report from this Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• ppdoc
    ppdoc
    Community Member

I sent the troubleshooting log to the support forum but don't have a case No.
    thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you, I confirm that we have received it. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: ZLI-78773-915

This discussion has been closed.