Chrome Plugin on the mac opens the helper application window when Autofill is clicked

Options
rogerg
rogerg
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

If I click the extension Icon and select a password selecting the Go button or selecting the open and fill button for a URL will result in the helper application opening up. But the browser actually does nothing.

Everything works fine on Safari.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and still the same behaviour.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
_OS Version: Catalina 10.15
_Sync Type: _ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rogerg! Welcome to the forum!

What browser is this happening with exactly, other than Safari?

• rogerg
    rogerg
    Community Member
    Options

The Problem is only with Chrome. I use Chrome and Safari generally I don't use FireFox for general browsing just development.
    thanks
    Roger

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rogerg:

Thank you for the confirmation. Is this by chance happening when Chrome has no open windows or tabs?

• rogerg
    rogerg
    Community Member
    Options

No it happens all the time. Everything works fine in Safari but 1password is basically not working at all in Chrome.

• gleert
    gleert
    Community Member
    Options

Here we have the same issue, at our office on all 4 1P installs have this issue only with Chrome, really annoying!

• rogerg
    rogerg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @tracedef yes it seems to be the same issue for me. But I am a family member and up to date. It seems this issue has been around for a while with no real solution. Any news on a solution?

• Eric_I
    Eric_I
    Community Member
    Options

...got the same here.
    using current releases of Catalina, chrome and 1PW7

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the trouble folks. We're looking into what might be causing this for some people. Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.