Add bundle ID for iTerm2 to help suggestions

Options
cmbuckley
cmbuckley
Community Member

Hi,

After reading this thread, it seems like it's possible for 1Password to provide suggestions based on the app's bundle ID.

I use 1Password with iTerm2 a lot, and it would be great if I could filter the list of passwords returned using suggestions. Could adding the bundle ID for iTerm2 help here?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iterm2

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cmbuckley,

I'm not sure this would work in the way you want it to. The bundle ID mapping makes it such that we can, e.g. present items for 1password.com when the 1Password app is active. It is a 1:1 mapping. I would imagine you aren't trying to fill items for iTerm2's website into iTerm2?

Ben

• cmbuckley
    cmbuckley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I’d guessed that the bundle ID would be a 1:1 mapping to an associated URL. I guess the question is what would be an appropriate URL to use in the mapping!

As you say, these are not credentials to be used on the iTerm website, so iterm2.com Probably wouldn’t be suitable - I know that ssh:// URLs are opened by iTerm2, but as you say there is only a 1:1 mapping, not like a catch-all ssh://*. So I think I understand the constraints, but I’m wondering if something is still possible despite the constraints.

Chris

• Ben
    Options

I don't imagine that it is something that is impossible, but I don't know what we currently have a mechanism that would enable it. I'll be happy to file it as a feature request for future consideration. :)

Ben

• cmbuckley
    cmbuckley
    Community Member
    Options

Another option is to map the bundle ID to the URL app://com.googlecode.iterm2 in the same way as passwords?

• Ben
    Options

That could certainly be a possibility. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.