One-time password setup not working

Hi, I am currently running 1password v7.3.712 in MS Windows 10 Pro and while trying to setup the one-time password (2 factor authentication) for a login, it wouldn't detect the image from my screen, nor the copied image into my clipboard and the same result with uploading an image saved right into my PC. I had to copy-paste the code into 1password to be able to finaly setup the 2FA. I'd consider this issue as a minor bug, considering that there was a way around, but you might want to have a look at it. Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:one-time password setup not working

Comments

• We're aware of this issue already and will be working on a fix for a future update. That said, normally scanning from clipboard will work – the trouble tends to happen specifically when scanning from your screen. These steps have worked every time (thus far) for me:

1. Press Windows Key + Shift + S.
    2. Take a screenshot of the QR code (automatically copied to clipboard).
    3. Choose to scan from clipboard in 1Password for Windows.

In cases where the image itself can be copied directly, I can see trouble potentially. The issue boils down to the QR scanner having some trouble finding the edges of the code, so depending on what, exactly, the site considers part of the image, scanning in that way could result in the same trouble as scanning from screen. Regardless, the above has been reliable for me and others so good to keep in mind until we get this sorted. :chuffed:

• shaas4
    shaas4
    Community Member

I have the same issue on Windows 10 with 1pass 7.3.712, where neither clipboard nor file with QR code works. Worked fine taking a pic of the same QR on IOS.

• This issue is specific to the QR scanner in 1Password for Windows, @shaas4, so it's not a problem with the code at all and other 1Password apps working when Windows doesn't is expected. Most of the time, the steps I outlined above should work, but in a pinch using another 1Password app or manually copying the provided secret will work as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.