Is there a central place to report "No prompt to save" sites?

Ward
Ward
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I just manually entered a username & password at a site I'd not visited for a long time. Since 1Password 7 had no saved login for this site, I expected it would prompt me to save my login, but 1Password didn't pop up.

A search in this forum shows many independent discussions focused on a single site. Is there a central place to report sites where 1Password doesn't prompt to save a login?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• Hi @Ward! Feel free to let me know the site here, if you're comfortable sharing. What likely happened here is that the password field on the page wasn't coded as a password field, so 1Password's not aware to offer to save the login. It'd still be good to look at this on our end and see if there's anything we can do for future filling/saving "brain" enhancements. :smile:

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_michaelc for your speedy response to my post.

I opened this discussion because I wanted to avoid adding yet another "1Password doesn't prompt to save my login at [sitename]" topic to this forum. Since there appears to be no place that collects the individual sites, I'd like to suggest a way 1Password could automatically record these sites.

When 1Password doesn't offer to save the username + password for a new login, I typically log out immediately and log in again. But this time, I ask 1Password to save a "New Login" from the gear menu before clicking the site's Login button. Since manually saving a login is typically not needed, 1Password could add a checkbox to the "1Password - Save Login" dialog box (where New Login prompts for Vault, Title and Tags):

[checkbox] I'm explicitly saving this login because 1Password didn't automatically offer to save it.

I'm sure the 1Password UX designers could come up with a more concise description of this option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

We'd definitely like to create a good way for users to submit issues like this from 1Password itself, and those are good suggestions. Of course we always need to be careful wit anything like that because we need to avoid collecting data -- not having it in the first place is the best way to protect privacy! But hopefully we'll have the bandwidth in the future to build something, client-to-server, to make it easier. In the mean time, we're happy to help here or via email at support+extension@1password.com if you need to report issues with saving or filling on specific sites. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.