Dropbox sync issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync problems and general confusion.

Comments

• smintzer
    smintzer
    Community Member

OK, this seems like the right place to ask my question about Dropbox syncing...

I recently upgraded to 1P7, and I my devices are not syncing properly via Dropbox. (I have a Mac at home, a Mac at work, an iPad and an iPhone.) I am using my home Mac as the "base" for synchronization, and the first thing I am trying to figure out is... where is my vault located? Is it on my Mac, or is it using the one on Dropbox?

Of course I tried looking in your FAQs... But they all refer to a Preferences > Sync tab that doesn't exist! In fact, the pics seem to show a set of tabs that is entirely different from the one I have. (I guess maybe these are the old version?)

I've clicked (and right-clicked) on everything I can think of but still can't figure this out. Where do I get info about my current Vault? (I only have one vault on my Mac, BTW, so it's not like I'm getting mixed up between them.)

• Hi @smintzer

If you don't have a 1Password > Preferences > Sync tab that would indicate that you've signed up for and are using a 1Password membership. Membership doesn't use Dropbox to sync 1Password data. Instead, membership is the sync service. Are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ ? If so, do you see all of your data there?

Ben

• smintzer
    smintzer
    Community Member

Aha! That makes sense. I am currently using the 30 day trial membership. I didn't realize that sync automatically happened via the sync service that way.

I plan to buy a license, as I prefer to pay for software that way. So, if I want to sync via Dropbox (as I did with previous versions of 1P), then I need to cancel my membership, buy the license, and THEN start the Dropbox sync?

• Correct. :)

Ben

• smintzer
    smintzer
    Community Member

OK, I have cancelled my subscription.

However, I do not see anyplace for a license purchase option -- perhaps because my cancelled membership is still active for another few days before it expires.

Is there someplace I can click to purchase the upgrade license? Or do I have to delete the app and start over?

• @smintzer

You'd have to remove the membership from the app in order to purchase a license. This guide may help:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

This discussion has been closed.