Removing a device from a family's member

mfmiller
mfmiller
Community Member

I just upgraded from 1Password6 to a Family 1Password7 subscription. I sent an invite to my daughter, and she accepted on her work computer (using Chrome browser on Windows machine). It would seem to be ill-advised to have this as an authorized device associated with her account. I've looked up how to remove a device, but only see references to 1Password6 and that a fix was in the works.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Version 7.3.2
OS Version: MAc
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:remove a device

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mfmiller: I'm not entirely sure I understand your situation, so please clarify if necessary. But 1Password 6 is not involved. Any user with a 1Password account can deauthorize a device/browser from their Profile page:

https://start.1password.com/profile

So you cannot do that for your daughter; she will have to deauthorize it from her own account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mfmiller
    mfmiller
    Community Member

I just upgrade from a licensed version of 1Password 6 to to new Family subscription-based 1Password 7 version which required sending an invitation to family members. My daughter accepted said invitation using her work computer (which happened to be a Windows 7 Chrome browser). I can see the gearbox on the right of authorized devices for the devices I have added to my account, but when I view her account seeing the above work device, there is no gear to remove. As mentioned above, it doesn't seem to be a good idea to have any of her personal data, especially passwords, on her work devices (that she may no longer have access to in sometime in the future).

I can certainly de-authorize her as you suggest, and re-send an invitation. Please advice best fix. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mfmiller: I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding you, you're misunderstanding me, or both. If it's your daughter's 1Password account that's signed in on the machine, then she would need to be the one to deauthorize her account on that machine from another one. You could delete her account, but that seems maybe a bit extreme. And it would delete anything she's saved in it. However, if she has nothing in it yet then there's no risk, and you could do that to be on the safe side, having her sign up again using a new invitation from you on her own computer. Maybe that's simplest, depending on the situation. :)

• mfmiller
    mfmiller
    Community Member

Since she had not yet migrated her data, I just deleted her, and resent invitation accepted on one of her personal devices.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mfmiller: Thank you for the update!

This discussion has been closed.