Feature request: Button in 1PasswordX extension to open 1Password.com

Options

If you open the extension and say you want to edit a login, it opens in 1Password.com, but automatically authenticates you. Sometimes I want to go straight to 1Password.com, so I have a bookmark on the bookmark bar, but then I have to use the extension to fill in my master password. What if there was a way to click a button (such as a 1Password logo) within the extension to open the website and have you signed in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: X version 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @GradyT! Out of curiosity, why do you find yourself needing to open my.1password.com? Is it to make a change to your profile or something along those lines?

You do have the ability to open my.1password.com on the 1Password X settings page. To do that, click the 1Password icon in your browser, click the gear icon, then click on Settings. If you scroll to the bottom, you should see your account name, which is really a link to my.1password.com. Let me know how that works for you. :)

• GradyT
    GradyT
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn, thanks for the reply. my.1password.com is a full page which is better for certain tasks, such as editing a note or looking at a specific vault in full. The 1Password X extension pop-up is too small to do those things comfortably, in my opinion.

That's a good suggestion, and I just tried that, which solves the issue of having to fill in master password with the extension (which you have to do if you go to my.1password.com directly). But frankly that's too many clicks and scrolling.

What would make this simpler, in my view, is if my.1password.com automatically authenticated if you navigate to the site when the extension is unlocked. Or alternatively, have a quicker way within the extension to open the website and have it automatically authenticate. It really only takes a few extra seconds, but it would make things faster than double-authenticating

Hope this makes sense! Thanks for reading :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GradyT – I appreciate you sharing more about your use case with me! It's always nice to know the why behind the requests we get.

One thing I do personally that may help in the meantime is this:

You mentioned editing a note, which is something that needs to be done in the 1Password web app (or editing any item for that matter). The quickest way to edit an item will be by opening the 1Password X pop-up (you can use a keyboard shortcut for that - the default is Ctrl+Shift+X in Chrome or Ctrl+. in Firefox), searching for your item, then clicking the edit button once it's selected. That'll open the 1Password web app (unlocked) right to edit mode on the selected item.

I'm with you in that a few extra seconds can make a big difference. Thanks again for letting us know this is a feature you'd love to see. :)

ref: dev/core/core#356

This discussion has been closed.