1Password password platform on Safari extension

jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

Since installing 1Password 7, I have confirmed that my new password opens 1Password 7 and the Chrome extension BUT it doesn't work on the Safari extension. My old 1Password 6 password opens the Safari extension.

NB: When I went to install the Safari extension (which stopped working weeks ago), I got a message saying that the Safari extension was already installed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password password platform on Safari extension

Comments

• Hi @jmassengale

1Password 6 has to be removed for 1Password 7 to operate properly. They'll conflict with each other. Once you've removed 1Password 6, if you're still having trouble using v7 in Safari, please see this post:

Troubleshooting the 1Password extension in Safari

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

The 1Password 7 installation put 1Password 6 in a zip file. That's not enough?

• @jmassengale

Sorry; I think I misinterpreted what you meant here:

My old 1Password 6 password opens the Safari extension.

I thought you meant 1Password 6 was opening / still installed. I would say to go ahead and delete the zip file though. Could you please let me know which version of the 1Password extension you see in Safari > Preferences > Extensions?

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

After 12-24 hours, the problem fixed itself.

• Glad to hear it. If the problem reoccurs, or if you have any other difficulties, please feel free to reach out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.