To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I never received an emergency kit when upgrading to 1password 7. Where would I find it

mschenk908
mschenk908
Community Member

I upgraded to 1password 7. In some information I found it suggests to print out the Emergency Kit and to do so login. But to log in you need the number in the kit. Where would I find my security key? Do you send it in a separate email?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:emergency kit

Comments

• Hi @mschenk908

We never have your Secret Key. It is generated by your device. As such we wouldn't have the ability to email it to you. How did you sign up for 1Password membership: within one of the 1Password apps, or through the 1Password.com website in a web browser? If you signed up in a web browser, your Emergency Kit may be in your Downloads folder on the computer you signed up on. If you signed up through one of the apps, then the details would be saved in the app.

Please let me know what you find. :)

Ben

• mschenk908
    mschenk908
    Community Member

Took some time but I figured it out. I was able to sign into my account on the web. I found a link there to download. It was not in my downloads folder. I had initially signed up through your web site.

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.