Password generator length limited to 50 chars

Options

Hello,

I am using 1password X in Chrome most of the time. As I am a programmer and the number 64 has a significance for me, this was the chosen length for passwords. Today I discovered it was limited to 50 chars.

1Password Version: 7.4-Beta.0
Extension Version: 1.17.2
OS Version: Mac OS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SpartakusMd! The slider will only go up to 50 characters, but you should be able to type 64 (or click the up arrow a bunch of times) and still achieve that option. I hope that helps. :)

• SpartakusMd
    SpartakusMd
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello @kaitlyn, clicking the up arrow doesn't help as it has the max value = 50. Somehow I can write a number in the box but it requires focusing before the first digit, writing the number and then removing the original digits. It is not convenient. Having a config for the max value would help or having the field easily editable.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SpartakusMd – I'm not sure I'm understanding what's going on with requiring focus before the first digit. Are you able to double click the number in the box and type 64? That should stick, so the next time you open the password generator in the pop-up, 64 will already be selected. Here's a video showing how I'm accomplishing it in the 1Password X beta in Chrome.

• SpartakusMd
    SpartakusMd
    Community Member
    Options

Double clicking actually help, though it show no signs that the number was selected. Thanks for the help.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem, @SpartakusMd! I hope you enjoy your weekend. :)

This discussion has been closed.