Getting “1PasswordAgent.app” would like to access files in your Desktop folder - constantly

Upgraded to Catalina, everything was fine with 1Password except I cannot get rid of this authorization popup. No matter if I click Don't Allow or OK it just reappears. I have verified numerous times that 1Password has the right permissions in security settings, and I have toggled those setting back and forth a few times as well. Rebooting does nothing. Any clues?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dva123
    dva123
    Community Member

I guess I'm the only one?

• tmckeel
    tmckeel
    Community Member

I am getting this same message when I reboot my mac under Catalina. Under Security & Privacy > Privacy > Files and Folders the Documents Folder is checked under the 1PasswordAgent

• Hi folks,

How are you syncing your 1Password data? What do you see under 1Password > Preferences > Sync (if that tab is available)?

Ben

• dva123
    dva123
    Community Member

No Sync options shown. This is really annoying, all updates to Catalina are done, and the "1PasswordAgent.app" is constantly in in a unresponsive state. You cannot dismiss the error message which acts like a modal window, which BTW continues to function. IOWs, I can open the Preferences>Security>Files and Folders pane and I can click the modal "OK" or "Don't Allow" and watch it change the state of the permissions in the preference pane; yet the modal never goes away. (and yes, I know I am using "modal" incorrectly, but it acts just like it a modal window should, except that I can get control of parent windows with it present, I just need to drag the window to a place on the screen where it doesn't interfere with work)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dva123: To clarify, we do not have any control over macOS dialogs. But yeah, that sounds like a pain.

1PasswordAgent.app is part of 1Password for Mac version 3 -- so, super old. If you're using a more recent version, and hopefully you are, you can simply Trash its support folder, restart, and you should be all set:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/

• dva123
    dva123
    Community Member

So, I had been a 1Password customer, as you can see, for a very long time. I am running the latest version, and it was certainly not me that failed to clean up old files; 1Password's installers should have caught this long ago. It's too bad it took 3 weeks for you guys to respond to what now seems like a simple fix. Unfortunately I was forced to fix it myself by installing Dashlane.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Or you could have just uninstalled the old version years ago when you no longer needed it. It's not our place to decide for you what you keep on your system.

This discussion has been closed.