Unable to sync vaults

Tory Anne Starr
Tory Anne Starr
Community Member

Hello - I've had 1Password for years now but I have two vaults that I have been unable to sync. One vault is on my personal computer and one is on my work computer. Due to an upcoming vacation, I purchased 1Password Family Plan last week because I thought this would solve the issue, but now I am still unable to sync my Vaults. It seems as if I'm running Version 6.3.3 on my work computer and the new 1Password on my new computer and phone. Please help!

Note: I use Dropbox for syncing.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 3.3
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tory Anne Starr: Thanks for getting in touch! 1Password 6.3.3. is super old, so that probably isn't helping you. With the 1Password Families membership, you (and your loved ones) get all the 1Password apps and updates, so I'd start by getting the latest version:

https://1password.com/downloads/

The 1Password membership will solve your sync dilemma, as you simply need to sign into your account on each device to access the data in your account...but first you need to get the data there. This guide will take you through migrating your existing data to the account, and setting it up on you other devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Then you'll have the latest 1Password and your latest data everywhere. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Tory Anne Starr
    Tory Anne Starr
    Community Member

This worked!!! Thank you so much!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.