I have 383 items on my phone and 368 on my desktop. Why the difference?

Options
katelieber
katelieber
Community Member

I have checked that the account on my phone and the account on my desktop are the same. However, they have different amount of items in them and they have a different sign-in. The desk top asks for my Master Password and my phone just uses a regular password.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 383 items on my phone and 368 on my desktop. Why the difference?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @katelieber! I can't say how you verified that the two are the same, but if you're using a different Master Password in different places, then you're definitely using different data sets. You may have some of the same vaults, but not all of them. Here's how to check:

In 1Password for iOS - tap Settings > Vaults and look at the total number of vaults. How many are there, and what are their names?

In 1Password for Mac - click 1Password > Preferences > Vaults and check the same thing - how many vaults, what are their names?

Let me know what you discover.

• katelieber
    katelieber
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct. On my phone I have one vault called primary with 383 items. On my laptop I have multiple vaults with primary, Kate Lieber and personal which, when all checked have 751 items with a bunch of duplicates. . . What's the fix?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@katelieber:

We recommend removing the old Primary vault altogether after you start using the Personal vault. There is no need to keep a duplicate vault at this point, so if everything you need is already on 1Password.com, in your Personal vault, you can remove the Primary vault from the app to remove the duplicates.

• katelieber
    katelieber
    Community Member
    Options

Great - that fixed it. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.