Password Autofill/Accessibility not triggering in banking app

Upgeya
Upgeya
Community Member

In the both the user name and password field of the banking app login dialog, I get no response from 1Password 7.3. Tapping on one of the fields brings up the keyboard. Neither the regular or 1password keyboard seem to offer any help.

Using Android 7.0,
Logged into the 1Password app.
1Password Autofill settings: both Accessibility and Auto-copy one-time passwords enabled.

In Android settings:
Accessibility, the 1Password Service is "On".
Language & keyboard, the 1Password keyboard is enabled and is the current keyboard.

Comments

• Hi @Upgeya, could you tell me which bank app you're having trouble with? And if you're able to include a link to it in Google Play that would be amazing. :)

• Hi @Upgeya. Thanks for the info. I was just able to fill the password for this app using Autofill. Earlier, you mentioned that you have "both Accessibility and Auto-copy one-time passwords enabled." However, using Android 7.0, your device should support Autofill, and you should see 3 options in 1Password's Autofill settings; Autofill, Accessibility, and Auto-copy one-time passwords. Are you not seeing the Autofill setting there?

• Upgeya
    Upgeya
    Community Member

Autofill / Autofill is greyed out.

• Hi @Upgeya, sorry that's our mistake, Autofill requires Android 8 and later, so what you're seeing in the 1Password settings is correct.

However, I'm also not having any trouble filling into that app. Let's try turning Accessibility off and then back on again. Here's how:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password and tap Settings > Autofill > Accessibility.
    2. This will open your device's Settings app to the Accessibility page, find 1Password here and turn it off and then back on again.

Back in the SchoolsFirst app, do you now see the "Autofill with 1Password" prompt when you tap in the username or password field?

• Upgeya
    Upgeya
    Community Member

Thanks, Andi. I've done this before, and have tried again without success. I've also updated the 1password app to the latest version, 7.3.2. The 1password app appears under Accessibility/Services, and I've tried disabling and re-enabling it multiple times, and each time, after enabling it, I get no 1password popup/prompt when I short-press on the fields in the SchoolsFirst app. A longpress in the fields bring up the Android "Paste" prompt.

• Hey @Upgeya. Can you let us know the make and model of your Android device? Also, are you having trouble filling in any other apps or sites?

• Upgeya
    Upgeya
    Community Member

Thanks, Peri. It's an LG V20, H918 (T-Mobile), on Android v7.0 (Nougat), API level 24, Build NRD90M. And yes, I see the 1password popup on other applications, for example, Sygic.

• Thanks for the info. I'll report this to our development team, though I think it may be device specific, as both Andi and I are able to fill in this app. For now, try using drag and drop.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• Upgeya
    Upgeya
    Community Member

Are you two running Android 7?

• Hi @Upgeya. I'm running Android 10 and I believe Andi is using Android 9.

• Upgeya
    Upgeya
    Community Member

So how can the failure of 1Password to work with schoolsfirst.com be device specific if you haven't tested it and found it to work on Android 7?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Because no one else has been able to reproduce it on their device, only you on yours. :)

• Upgeya
    Upgeya
    Community Member

Brenty, my question is this: if no one has tested it on Android 7, except me, then how can anyone say it is device specific? It might be specific to the android version. In fact, because 1Password works fine with other apps on my phone, this may suggest that its failure on my phone is due to the interaction of the specific app, android 7, and 1Password. I won't be satisfied that it's device specific until I hear that you all have successfully gotten it to work on Android 7.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My understanding was that your device is limited to Android 7. If that's the case, then it's device specific, because others are able to be updated. If that's not the case, and you can update it, you should do that yesterday, as that will help with this and also get you fixes for years worth of known security vulnerabilities which have already been patched. We're a security company, so we do not test or support insecure OS/device combinations, because we can absolutely never recommend using them, except offline as media players. Ostensibly you're using 1Password to improve your security, but using it in that context is antithetical to that.

This discussion has been closed.