1Password 7 says Read only?

Options
2»

Comments

• csodemann
    csodemann
    Community Member
    Options

I found this thread today. It seems to fit my problem too. After reinstalling a couple of family Macs we are left with a version that does not fill forms anymore. We have individual vaults and sync via iCloud, which works fine for us.

I'm also a long time customer. The oldest receipt I can find dates back to February 2009. At some point we moved to an (Mac) App Store version. Now you tell me to skip the convenience of the App Store, delete the app, download the software, install it and purchase a license (not subscription) via the application and repeat on each Mac? I can't even find the pricing. I'm not impressed.

Please tell me there is a better way?

Regards,

Christian

• Ben
    Options

Hi @csodemann

A 1Password Families membership would be the better way. :) With that you'd be able to continue to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your and your families devices, and would be able to use the version from the Mac App Store. Instructions on upgrading to a membership can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And you can read more about the benefits of membership in this guide:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• csodemann
    csodemann
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks, but what are my options if I don't want a subscription? Does the license options allow for the rest of the family as it once did?

Regards,

Christian

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@csodemann: 1Password licenses can be purchased per person, per version. Purchasing a single license never allowed your whole family to use it. A family pack, when we offered those, was usable by five people in the same household. We got rid of those years ago because of this sort of confusion, and with licenses in general. And more recently we have a better, simpler option with 1Password Families, which includes all versions for each family member (so, no more separate purchases per person, per version), automatic offsite backup (no more data loss), recovery of family members' accounts (no more getting locked out), and simple secure vault sharing (not more configuring sync for each vault on each device).

• csodemann
    csodemann
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

The family plan worked for us, but I guess we will have to move to a subscription model now...

Thanks,

Christian

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.