Is it possible to stop 1Password from prompting to fill credit card details?

Options

Using Chrome on Windows 10, quite often 1Password will prompt to fill in credit card numbers, even if the field on the website is not a credit card number field (and not related to payment at all). For work purposes, if I'm sharing my screen, I don't want the other viewer to see my masked credit card numbers popping up when I click in certain fields.

Obviously I could lock 1Password to stop it doing this, but I need it to work so that I can login to sites etc.

The ideal solution for me would be to have an option in the 1Password Chrome settings to not prompt to fill payment information on websites. If I wanted it to fill these details for a payment I would open 1Password and click 'autofill'.

Another option I guess is to just set it to show certain work-related vaults and not include the payment details in those vaults, but sometimes I need access to things from the personal vault as well.

Perhaps I'm missing something and you can do this already? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.16299
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maabaa: 1Password doesn't "prompt" to fill anything on its own. You'd have to open it yourself, and it will allow you to fill any of the fillable item types (Logins, Credit Cards, Identities). But it's possible that there's some kind of bug. Can you give me a specific example? Otherwise, I think you have some good ideas about hiding some vaults from the All Vaults view on the device. You can always switch to them individually if needed. Also, you can disable the 1Password X inline icon altogether if you want, yet still fill from the toolbar icon. Let me know if that helps. :)

• maabaa
    maabaa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brent,

What I mean is when you click in a cell on a website and 1Password shows suggestions for things it could fill. The particular example that prompted me to post this, is on the Microsoft Azure Portal, in a Logic App Run ID filter box, 1Password suggests my credit cards.

I know I could switch off this feature but it's generally really handy. Would be nice to have an 'ignore' option so that 1Password learns not to suggest that item there again. Other than that, I'd also like to be able to switch off suggestions for credit cards completely.

Hope that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maabaa: Thanks for clarifying! While the inline menu will only come up when you click it going forward, to turn off the inline menu/icon on a specific site, just navigate to the site » open the inline menu » Choose suggestions » Hide on this page. That removes the inline menu and icon from the field altogether for that browser session. So if you quit the browser and reopen, the inline menu and icon will appear as usual in that field. You can also make 1Password re-appear on that page by right clicking in the field and choosing Show 1Password. To turn off the inline menu and icon altogether everywhere forever: Settings » Turn off Offer to fill and save passwords. Just keep in mind that once you make a change to the inline menu behavior in the 1Password X settings, you’ll need to refresh the page for the settings change to take effect. And you can get the 1Password beta here. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.