How to up grade from version 4 to version 7

Options

I have version 4 on two desktops and version 7 on a laptop, iPhone and iPad. There is a problem with the laptop syncing with the desktops even though I was able to sync the vaults...... should I just upgrade the desktops to version 7 to solve the probelm..... If so how?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7 & 4
Extension Version: 7.3.712 & 4.6.2.626
OS Version: WIN 10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:How to up grade from version 4 to version 7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RGW48! Welcome to the forum!

There is a problem with the laptop syncing with the desktops even though I was able to sync the vaults......

Can you please elaborate a little bit on this? If the vaults are syncing, what is the problem with the laptop syncing with the desktops?

• RGW48
    RGW48
    Community Member
    Options

For example today I created a new Secure Note using my iPhone (version 7). My main desktop (using version 4) synced but my iPad (version 7), laptop (version 7) and second desktop (version 4) did not sync. I thought everything was syncing fine but now I've noticed that it is not happening.

Could it be happening because I have a mix of versions trying to work together. FYI, I'm using DropBox.

Thanks

• It certainly could be, @RGW48, but that would depend entirely on how you ended up with this split in the first place and what all you did along the way – something I doubt you'll remember in enough detail at this point to make an accurate assessment. Rather than speculating, it's probably best to just take a look at your sync settings and see what's what. To that end, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread so the person who sees them in our inbox has the benefit of the context you've shared here.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. For bonus points, post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.