Item not showing in 1Password mini search, shows in full app

Options

I have an item in my local/dropbox shared vault which doesn't show in mini app (when filling from the browser) but I can find it normally in the full app window. There is nothing specific about this item.

I suppose this is a bug.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @finwe

This may indicate that this item is set never to shown in your browser.
    Edit the item you're not seeing in mini in the main 1Password app, then scroll down and check if "never display in browser" is checked off.

Maryam

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

You are right, thanks.

How does this label make sense if I don't see the item even when I open the mini app from the tray?

And couldn't this option be reflected when viewing the item, not only when editing it, after I scroll down?

Thanks for the answers.

• Mini and the extension are technically the same thing, @finwe, so that's why enabling this setting hides it in mini as well as your browser. 1Password doesn't actually know the difference there. It's an interesting thought though – the text of setting does specify your browser and certainly from our perspective as users mini distinctly isn't in your browser – at least, not always. Since they're architecturally the same, I'm not sure what we could do to help there, but it's certainly something to think about.

As for not making it more visible in view mode, I am not totally sure of what motivated that decision back in the day, but today it's a rather rarely used feature and thus is hasn't been generally given place of prominence. I hear about folks using it on accident more often than I hear from folks specifically wanting a feature that hides things in the browser. I assume that you fall into the latter category as well? I can definitely see reason to make that more obvious from the get-go, but I almost wonder if the better choice is to make it harder to accidentally enable it. Ultimately, what tends to happen is that someone sees something isn't popping up on the matching site and they thing the item is missing entirely – few even search for it in the main app. I think making it visible in view mode would catch some of these issues and thus may have value, but I'm not totally convinced it's solving the right problem. Again, something to ponder for sure. :chuffed:

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

I've come to understanding that the extension just launches Mini in one of my previous feature requests. I was just pointing to the not-entirely-correct copy of the option (having browser in it), although I can understand that on the other hand it can be difficult to explain what Mini is to the second half of users.

Yes, I've enabled the option by mistake, I guess.

And by all means, ponder. Even though I'd rather see an actual improvement once in a while ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, it's also a confusing feature. At this point I think it only exists because it's really hard to take things away once people have been using them for years. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.