6.8.9 still can be run under Safari 12 or actually not?

Options

Hi there! I've made a fresh installation of 10.14.6 with Safari 12.1.2 and Chrome 78.0.3904.87 and have tryeed to instal 1Password 6 on the top as I read the Lars post that we can still use it until Safari 13 or with Chrome. Actually it's not a truth as there no any possibility to force working an extension either in Safari nor Chrome they both show the same error 'Looking for the 1Password app, Couldn’t connect to 1Password'.

So please provide with clear instructions how to continue using 1Password 6 or make a clear statement about stop working version 6 so that users can make their informed decision.

Cheers.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@lkdsjhb

1Password 6 can be used with Chrome. It cannot be used with Safari, except perhaps with Safari 12 where the extension was already installed prior to the shutdown of the Safari Extension Gallery. Because the SEG is gone it isn't possible to install the extension fresh. It won't work at all with Safari 13, which was released over a year after 1Password 6 was retired.

as I read the Lars post that we can still use it until Safari 13

Where did you read that?

Ben

• lkdsjhb
    lkdsjhb
    Community Member
    Options

'1Password 6 can be used with Chrome.'
    Please explain how? It gives me an error, at least in 10.14.6. Give us a guide, please.

'It cannot be used with Safari, except perhaps with Safari 12 where the extension was already installed prior to the shutdown of the Safari Extension Gallery. ' - so I'll try to find a workaround for a fresh installation.

'Where did you read that?' - here you are https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107339/need-instructions-on-how-to-get-1password-extension-back-on-safari-after-mojave-10-14-6-upgrade

• Ben
    Options

@lkdsjhb

I don't see anything in that thread that says 1Password 6 can be used with Safari 13. In any event, it isn't compatible.

Please explain how? It gives me an error, at least in 10.14.6. Give us a guide, please.

You'd just install 1Password 6 for Mac, and the 1Password desktop extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

If you're having trouble, it isn't due to incompatibility. Have you tried restarting your Mac after installing? If not I'd recommend giving that a shot. If you've restarted and are still getting an error I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108677/6-8-9-still-can-be-run-under-safari-12-or-actually-not#latest
    • Your forum username: lkdsjhb

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.