Login has altered and link isn't visible in the app

I have had 1P for quite a few years and run it on every platform. I would say I am pretty adept at using it and have solved most of the problems I have encountered by myself with it.

I currently have one of my bank logins that i have had for years... but it's changed the way it performs... if I do what I quite often have done - login and fill direct from 1P that no longer works at all... but the URL is some other odd URL that doesn't resolve and is odd.

When I look at the login in the app - it has not altered in the app. If I take a look at the URL delivered to the browser ... its clearly strange. I am guessing a virus ? But it's not working so would not have produced any results for a virus.

This was first discovered yesterday on my Mac and i check it this am at work on my Win10 PC and its there too of course.

If I however go to the bank site and use the browser plug in or extn to log in it works fine.

Help please ?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 3712
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ixplorer: It's more likely that they have just changed the way their website works. Sometimes it's obvious, if it looks different. But often it's changes behind the scenes which are invisible to most users. Without any of the details it's hard to say if there's a solution or not. But in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login and fill it:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login in 1Password to press Return (or double click) to Open & Fill
    8. Submit the form

I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.