Credit Card autofill does not fully work with Datatrans

Options

Hi,

Datatrans is the largest payment provider in Switzerland. Unfortunately, the automatic filling out of credit card fields does not work completely if the form is called up in German, French or Italian. The expiration date of the credit card is not filled in. However, if the purchase process is carried out in English (e.g. in the sandbox on https://docs.datatrans.ch/docs/integrations-payment-page-lightbox-mode), it will work without problems.

I found the easiest way to reproduce the issue on sbb.ch (public transport), because you can buy there as a guest without the need to sign-up for an account.

Steps to reproduce:

• Go to www.sbb.ch
  • Choose the language (top right) Deutsch (German)
  • Click on Kaufen (buy)
  • Click on Bilette Schweiz (national tickets)
  • Click on Velo-Tageskarte (bike day ticket)
  • Use "Test" for Vorname (first name) and Nachname (surname), "07.07.1977" as Geburtsdatum (date of birth) and "Keine Ermässigung" (no discount) for Ermässigung (discount cards)
  • Click Zur Kasse (checkout)
  • Click Als Gast kaufen (buy as a guest)
  • Use "test@test.test" as your E-Mail-Adresse für Kaufbestätigung (email address for purchase confirmation), select "MasterCard" as your Zahlungsmittel (payment method) and accept the Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen (Terms and Conditions).
  • Click on Kaufen (buy)
  • Now comes the payment form, if the 1Password icon does not work (it happens unfortunately that the dropdown does not open), then the form must be closed again and clicked again on Kaufen (buy). The second time you try the form, you can choose between the following credit cards
  • Select your credit card. The number and CVV code will be filled in, the expiration date unfortunately not.

It would be great if you could correct that, so that we don't always have to enter the expiration date manually here in Switzerland. Thanks a lot!

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Shoe (cool username!)! I tested things out here on my end with an internal build of 1Password X, and it looks like the expiration date does fill in our newer build. Yay! So I thank you for reporting this issue, but I think you can just look forward to it working in a future version of 1Password X at this point. :smile:

By the way, thank you for the excellent testing instructions. It's not always easy navigating non-English sites, but you made it a breeze for me.

• Shoe
    Shoe
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi @ag_michaelc, thank you so much for looking at it. I'm glad that the problem is already fixed in your internal build and look forward to its release.

I'm a developer myself and know how difficult it is to reproduce problems if you don't have exact instructions, especially if a foreign language is involved. I'm glad it made your valuable job easier. 8-)

Cheers,
    Shoe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! Thanks for being awesome. Hopefully we'll have an update for your before long. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.