Feature request: "locking" high priority entries from accidental deletion

There are about a dozen entries in my vault that should never be deleted. Modified, yes, deleted, no.

It would be great to be able to flag those high priority items to require entry of the master password to validate deletion is actually wanted. A function similar to the "do you really intend to print this" entry box where master password confirmation is input before printing commences.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Superfandominatrix

Do you have a 1Password membership? If so we already have quite a few levels you have to go through to truly delete something:

1. Move the item to the Trash
    2. Empty the Trash
    3. Destroy it from the item history

Ben

• No, I am still on the stand alone license model. At some point, I will be moving to the subscription model, just haven't made the jump yet. I realize I already have protection levels #1 and #2 on your list. In theory, I also have the option of going 1pw back to back up recovery snapshots. I also have the option of restoring from timed offsite snapshots from Dropbox and my offsite back up solution.

My whole issue is that I would never knowingly delete one of these dozen items. Better to keep them out of the Trash to begin with (because if they are in the trash I've clearly lost the plot, and if I've messed up so badly to begin with, I can certainly repeat the stupidity) than have to chase down a recovery solution.

• @Superfandominatrix

Thanks for the feedback. :) I think we've already got a fair amount of levels of protection in place to keep folks from accidentally deleting something they intend to keep, but we'll continue to monitor the situation and see if there is enough demand for yet another layer to consider building that. :+1:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Superfandominatrix: For what it's worth, I've never accidentally emptied the Trash (as the item count there will attest...) I don't believe there's ever been a keyboard shortcut for that, so you'd literally have to right click, select "Empty Trash...", and then confirm it:

As Ben mentioned, 1Password membership accounts have additional protections against accidental deletion and even edits though. Please feel free to shoot me an email any time at support+forum@1password.com and I'll be happy to help you make the transition. :)

• Yeah, I'm a bit hasty on the delete key at times i'm afraid. I've got far more than 3 items in trash at the moment. the greater the number of items in trash, the more likely to miss something that shouldn't be in there.

I will be making the transition to the subscription model at some point, hopefully with the rest of my family~

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Superfandominatrix: Oh I see. You're sending items to the Trash accidentally, and then it's hard to know if it's safe to empty it. I mean, I can relate to that to an extent, and my solution is...to not empty the Trash. :lol: Anyway, if I can be of assistance when you decide to migrate, let me know. :)

• You're sending items to the Trash accidentally, and then it's hard to know if it's safe to empty it...

yep. the struggle between deciding to Marie Kondo my hard drive while also subscribing to https://old.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/

the internal conflict is real :-)

• Heh. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.