Why can't I see AutoFill in my browser (Safari/Chrome) extensions now?

Options
whardy7
whardy7
Community Member

When I'm on a website with a password in 1Password, I click on the icon in my browser and find that login. Once I do, I see no way to AutoFill. Your instructions say to click AutoFill, but there is no such button. The key command doesn't work, either. All I can do is drag the username into the field, then drag the password into the field.

FYI: I have been a happy user since 2011. Since upgrading to iPassword 7, I have had nothing but problems. If something doesn't level out soon, I have to choose something else. This has gone from being a wonderful app to being a nightmare for me.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:AutoFill doesn't show up anymore

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @whardy7

Do you have a 1Password membership, or did you purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac?

Ben

• whardy7
    whardy7
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased a license through an upgrade.

• whardy7
    whardy7
    Community Member
    Options

Actually it was through the App Store. Sorry.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@whardy7 - if you have 1Password 7 for Mac downloaded via the Mac App Store, there's no way to purchase it directly. Version 7 is a paid upgrade from previous versions, and there are two ways to do that:

1. Subscribe to a 1password.com membership, or
    2. Purchase a standalone license for version 7.

Without one or the other of those two purchase options, 1Password 7 for Mac will be in Read Only mode. You'll be able to see this by looking at any of your items in the main window of 1Password; there will be a "Read Only" badge in the top-right corner of the item, like this:

Our recommendation is the 1password.com membership, for multiple reasons. However, if you want to keep your standalone setup and purchase a license for version 7, you'll need to uninstall the Mac App Store version and install the version from our own website, which will allow you to purchase a license. Let us know if you need any assistance with either of those options. :)

This discussion has been closed.