How do I see shared vaults created on my mac on my iPhone XR running 1Password 7.4.2

Options
Leon1452Vinci
Leon1452Vinci
Community Member

I have family membership. I have created a shared folder for my Dad and Me. All works fine for his Windows machine and My MacBook Pro. However on my IOS device I can only see my Personal vault and the family shared vault.

How do I get to see my fathers shared vault on my IOS device?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Leon1452Vinci
    Leon1452Vinci
    Community Member
    Options

So 24hrs later my iphone syncs and all is revealed. I dont know what I did. It appeared just after I engaged 2factor authenication. To be clear I could log in to the account before - It just didn’t update!

I post this incase it is of use to others

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Leon1452Vinci

To be clear I could log in to the account before - It just didn’t update!

That is expected if you've previously authorized the device and then turned on 2FA. You'll still be able to see any data that is cached, but to see anything added or changed after 2FA was enabled you'd have to input your TOTP code.

Ben

• Leon1452Vinci
    Leon1452Vinci
    Community Member
    Options

The point is Ben that I didn't set up 2Factor until 24hrs later. It did not sync during the period that I did not have 2 factor set up. Setting up 2F seemed to kick it (iphone) into action

• Leon1452Vinci
    Leon1452Vinci
    Community Member
    Options

PS. I had used the iphone to set up families and migrate data but then used Macbook Pro to set up shared vaults for family. I transferred data to shared vaults and set up Dad so he could access them. All good BUT my iphone did not update with the changes until I invoked 2F some 24hrs later

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. We'll keep an eye out for that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.