To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Security Setting

JASS
JASS
Community Member

I got a new computer and cannot find the Security setting to change how long IPass will stay open. I found it on my phone, but can't find it on my computer.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:security

Comments

• Hi @JASS,

I'd be happy to help with that. Is this a Mac or a Windows PC? Also could you please let me know which version of 1Password you currently have installed?

Ben

• LibertyvilleMan
    LibertyvilleMan
    Community Member

I have the same quesion. Running windows 10

• Thanks @LibertyvilleMan

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Settings, then click Security.

You’ll find these settings and options:

• Lock when computer is locked: 1Password will lock when Windows locks.
    • Lock after computer is idle: 1Password will lock when there’s no keyboard, mouse, or trackpad activity on your PC for the specified number of minutes.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• LibertyvilleMan
    LibertyvilleMan
    Community Member

yeah I read this is the help section. Need more explanation What exaction do both of these steps mean. 1P is always open and running on my system, so I not clear what I am opening. What page am I trying to get to?

• @LibertyvilleMan

You would open the main 1Password application window. It should look like this:

At the top of that screen is the 1Password menu I mentioned in my above post.

Ben

• LibertyvilleMan
    LibertyvilleMan
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Okay. This is what my equivalent page (I think) looks like, expect I don't have any tabs on the top nor the Security tab in the right sidebar. Where am I going wrong?

[screenshot removed to protect customer privacy]

• LibertyvilleMan
    LibertyvilleMan
    Community Member

Before we spend too much time on this issues, let tell you what I am trying to change. I am having to re-enter my master pw too many time during the day. I have significantly increased the auto-lock time frame, but that did not solve my issue. I read in the help section I could change the log out parameters in the Security section, now I can't seem to get there.

• @LibertyvilleMan

It looks like you're using the 1Password.com web interface, instead of the native 1Password for Windows application. That's fine, if that's what you want, but the functionality and flexibility of the former is limited in comparison to the latter. I'd recommend installing 1Password for Windows:

Get the 1Password apps

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• LibertyvilleMan
    LibertyvilleMan
    Community Member

Think I got it now. You should tell your team this help topic could be clearer. Even adding something as simple as 'through the 1P app....' at the beginning. This would have saved me and u a lot of time. BTW when one clicks on the 1P icon in the upper right of the browser and u navigate ur way to ur account page, it does that through what u referred to as the web interface. If the app is a better tool prehaps this is where the browser icon should take u. Just a thought.

Thx for the help.

• Thanks for the suggestions, @LibertyvilleMan. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.