Can I not use 1password in safari without upgrading to 7 and completing a membership?

Options
xnetworkerx
xnetworkerx
Community Member

Can I not use 1password in safari without upgrading to 7 and completing a membership?
I've been using it for many years on Mac, iphone and ipad. What changes for me when I update 7?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can I not use 1password in safari without upgrading to 7 and completing a membership? I've been using it for many years on Mac, iphone and ipad. What changes for me when I update 7?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xnetworkerx - a 1password.com membership is our strong recommendation for many reasons , but you can certainly use 1Password 7 for Mac without a 1password.com membership if you prefer. You'd need to make sure to download and install version 7 from our downloads page and NOT the Mac App Store if you want to purchase a standalone license instead of a subscription, however.

I'd recommend the blog post from May 2018 announcing 1Password 7 for Mac’s release for an idea of the major changes from previous versions. And it's only gotten better since then. Some of those advancements are only available to 1password.com members, since acting as both sync service and data host in 1password.com accounts allows us to do things we can't do with standalone or 3rd-party synced data. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.