cannot save login for delta.com

I am migrating my old Rolodex to 1password. When I go to delta.com and enter my Skymiles number and password, 1Password does not offer to create a new login. I manually created a login with the info and URL https://www.delta.com/login/loginPage?staticurl= but 1Password does not offer to autofill.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with all the latest patches, Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit), 1Password V 7.3.712

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-but SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delta airlines

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dlandwirth: From the version information you provided, it looks like you've got 1Password X installed in your web browser. I'd encourage you to check our our guide to using that:

Get to know 1Password X

And then let me know the exact steps you're taking and where you're getting stuck if you're still having trouble. To be clear, 1Password will not fill information into a webpage without you directing it to do so. You'd need to select the Login item to fill from the menu. Let me know what you find.

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member

Brenty,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used 1Password to set up over 100 logins so far. In this case, I go to Delta.com, click login, I manually enter my username (skymile number) and password but there is no dropdown prompting me to create a new login in 1Password and, even though I see the 1password logo on the right edge of the username and password text box, if I click it, no 1Password dropdown appears.

So, I manually created a login in the desktop app, and copied and pasted the URL from the Delta.com page into the new login, entered a username and password and saved the login. Then I shut down the browser, went back to the Delta login page and clicked on the 1Password logo but I do not get a dropdown to select my Delta login.

Then, I went back to the desktop app, selected the new Delta login that I created and clicked on Open and Fill to the right of the website URL and it opens the login screen but does not autofill the username and password.

However, now if I click Ctrl-Shift-X to bring up the Browser App my Delta login appears and, if I click Autofill, it does fill in the username and password.

That is the only way I can get it to work.

It seems like the Delta site is somehow blocking 1Password.

As an aside, as I have been entering my logins, on two or three occasions I have come across a site that does not drop down a prompt to create a 1Password login directly below the username or password textbox. Sometimes I will notice the prompt in the upper left portion of the browser window. I've been able to create the login and then it works in the future as expected. This Delta site is the first time I could not create the login while entering data and, even when it is manually created, it does not autofill unless I do the Ctrl-Shift-X method.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dlandwirth – Sorry for the trouble on Delta's website. I'm seeing the same intermittent issue with the inline menu (directly underneath fields) not appearing, and we've got it reported to our developers. Creating a Login manually the way you mentioned is a perfect solution. You'll have to fill that one using the 1Password X pop-up, which you can access by pressing Ctrl+Shift+X or clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar. The good news is that we've got some improvements on the way, and the inline menu will behave much better once those improvements are released. We're currently still testing it internally, but it shouldn't be too much longer until we push it to the 1Password X beta.

If you notice a website where the inline menu isn't appearing as it should, please do reach out and let us know. It wouldn't be possible for us to test 1Password X on every website, so it's always great to get reports from users. :)

ref: x/b5x#820

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Kaitlyn,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my delay in acknowledging it. Glad to hear that you can recreate the issue so that a solution can be created. Will watch for it in a future release and, as/if I come across additional sites with the same anomaly, I will report it here.

Best,

Don

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! And on behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome!

Have a wonderful day :)

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member

Cirquedusoleil.com - another site where I could not create the login card inline but could manually create a login and the use CTRL-Shift-X to manually force it.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for getting this on our radar, @dlandwirth! I've passed the report along to our developers. We appreciate it. :)

ref: dev/core/core#281

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member

Found another site that is not working with the chrome extension. Even if I Ctrl-Shift-X and click Autofill. https://www.lorextechnology.com/profile/login

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member

Here is another www.law360.com

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi again @dlandwirth! Thanks for the reports. Using the 1Password X beta, I was able to fill on lorextechnology.com by selecting Autofill in the 1Password X pop-up, however, the inline icon/menu don't appear as they should. The behavior in the stable version of 1Password X was a bit different, and I had to click inside the password field before it would fill. I've got the issue with the inline menu not appearing reported to our developers now.

I wasn't able to reproduce any issues on law360.com in either the stable or the beta version of 1Password X. Would you mind clarifying what's going wrong on that website? I saved an item manually, and I was able to fill the item both by clicking the inline menu and by clicking the Autofill button in the pop-up.

ref: dev/core/core#426

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member

I am using Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, latest updates

When I click on "sign in" from the law360 homepage, I go to https://www.law360.com/account/login?return_url=https://www.law360.com/.

The email and password fields are blank and do not show the 1password logo/icon, even though I know it is active. If I right click on either the email or password fields, my context menu shows "show 1password" and if I click on it, the logo/icon appears on the right edge of the email text box. However, if I click on the icon, the 1password applet/extension does not pop up. If I click ctrl-shift-x the extension pops up but it has a "Go" button instead of an autofill button. So it looks like it did not save a URL when I created the login.

So I manually entered the app, edited the login, filled in the website field with the above URL, and saved the login.

Now, the behavior is the same: blank email/password fields, Ctrl-Shift-X brings up the extension and I do see an autofill button in the extension which does work.

However....

If I log out, and click sign in again, I still do not see the 1password logo/icon in the email or password text boxes and I must manually click ctrl-shift-x to bring up the extension.

If I go to the desktop app, search on law360, click "open and fill", it brings up the login page, but does not autofill the fields. They remain blank. I must use Ctrl-Shift-X and press autofill.

Finally, If I am logged out of law360, on my Google search homepage and I click ctrl-shift-x, search for law360 in the extension, then click Go, I go to the login page but the fields are blank. I must click ctrl-shift-x again to click autofill.

I think that covers it. :-)

Don

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dlandwirth! It actually sounds like there are a few things going on here, so I'd like to address each one separately if possible.

The email and password fields are blank and do not show the 1password logo/icon, even though I know it is active.

The strange thing is that I'm able to see the inline icons when accessing the sign in page from a different button – the code must be different between the two available sign in pages. To clarify what I mean, this page does not have 1Password icons in the username and password fields. However, this page does. In fact, even simply refreshing the first page I linked causes the 1Password icons to appear.

However, if I click on the icon, the 1password applet/extension does not pop up. If I click ctrl-shift-x the extension pops up but it has a "Go" button instead of an autofill button. So it looks like it did not save a URL when I created the login.

Do you recall how you originally saved the item? The reason 1Password X would have a Go button rather than an Autofill button is that the website URLs don't match between the item and the page you're visiting. Do you remember if there was any URL stored inside the item or if that field was blank?

If I go to the desktop app, search on law360, click "open and fill", it brings up the login page, but does not autofill the fields. They remain blank. I must use Ctrl-Shift-X and press autofill.

1Password X and the 1Password for Windows desktop app don't actually communicate with each other. 1Password X is an app within an extension, so it doesn't need to connect with a desktop app to run. In other words, it's expected behavior for Open & Fill not to work from the desktop app unless you have the companion extension installed instead of 1Password X.

Finally, If I am logged out of law360, on my Google search homepage and I click ctrl-shift-x, search for law360 in the extension, then click Go, I go to the login page but the fields are blank. I must click ctrl-shift-x again to click autofill.

Would you mind sharing the website URL you have stored inside your law360 item? I'm curious which URL it is from the ones I linked earlier.

The simplest fix will be to install the 1Password X beta. We recently rebuilt our filling algorithm, and filling is working no matter how I access the sign in page. If you're willing to give the beta a try, I'd be curious of the results you end up with on this site.

This discussion has been closed.