To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Email address already in use problem

paulmurk
paulmurk
Community Member

I'm trying to shift from app based (v.6) to subscription - my earlier attempt failed somewhere in the process and now when I try to set up a new account, it says the email address is already in use. Can I get that email address freed up for use with a new subscription account? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @paulmurk,

Certainly. You should be able to request an automated deletion of the account using this page:

https://my.1password.com/support

Please follow the prompts there. If you have any trouble getting the account deleted let me know. :)

Ben

• paulmurk
    paulmurk
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben - that won't put my database at risk, will it? I'm thinking not... but want to avoid the challenge if I'm wrong.

• @paulmurk

Is your 1Password data currently accessible to you in a vault called "Primary"? If so, this won't have any effect on that.

Ben

• paulmurk
    paulmurk
    Community Member

It is. Somehow I have 2 versions of standalone on my machine - v.6 & v.7 - both reference "primary" vault in preferences. Should I delete one of them before upgrading?

• The v6 application should be moved to the Trash and the computer restarted, yes. :)

Ben

• paulmurk
    paulmurk
    Community Member

Thank you!

• No problem. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.