1password on the upcoming MAC OS Catalina.

2»

Comments

• bobweis
    bobweis
    Community Member

I got an indication from the app store that an update was available for 1Password7. When I try to update it almost
    gets to the end but then dies with the error that 1Password can't be closed. Until that error message appears,
    1Password isn't running as far as I can tell. No browsers are running. Also, I just checked my Applications folder
    and 1Password6 is still there. Should I delete this version?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobweis! Welcome to the forum!

Please make sure that 1Password mini in the menu bar is also not running. If you see the 1Password icon there, please right-click on it and select Quit 1Password Completely in order to continue with the update.

Also, I just checked my Applications folder and 1Password6 is still there. Should I delete this version?

If you have upgraded to 1Password 7 already, and you are not using 1Password 6 anymore, we recommend removing the old version and only keep one 1Password app installed on your system.

• bobweis
    bobweis
    Community Member

Ah. Did that. Went to appstore--looks like update was install automagically. Thanks for the quick response.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• waynepickard
    waynepickard
    Community Member

I'm getting a popup that says 'verifying 1password.app' with a progress bar. it goes away, comes back, progress bar, goes away, comes back every few seconds. No longer have the extension in Safari. I was using 1password 6.8.8.

Hasn't worked since upgrading to Catalina.

I bought it through the app store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waynepickard: It sounds like either the app is damaged on your machine or you have more than one copy. Please drag it to the Trash, restart your Mac, and then install it from your App Store purchase history, if that's where you bought it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

• waynepickard
    waynepickard
    Community Member

@brenty - That worked, thank you. I noticed, however that the version I'm using, version 6.8.9, is not included as a browser plugin. Does that go away now that they've released 1Password 7?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@waynepickard:

The Safari extension started being included only from 1Password 7. The extensions for other browsers need to be downloaded separately.

• Michelelabelle
    Michelelabelle
    Community Member

so far as I can tell, 1Password7 does not work with Catalina. I am currently working with a 1Password staff support person, but so far, no luck. I was persuaded to buy an account rather than just a license, but so far the program does not work on my MacBook, as it did previously. I have followed most of the steps above without success. The program appears but does not recognize my Master Password.

• 1Password is completely compatible with macOS Catalina. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. If you're already in touch with our folks I'm sure they'll be able to get to the bottom of the situation for you. Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.