Can't synch apps

phxmrc
phxmrc
Community Member

I'm trying to set up 1Password on wife's phone ( we have the family account) and I can not figure out how to synch the phone app passwords with my iMac iPad etc. The phone shows 27 passwords and the iMac (and all other devices) have well over 400. I could spend hours trying to figure this out. Help!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Leon1452Vinci
    Leon1452Vinci
    Community Member

I had the same problem. Setting up 2factor on the Mac forced IOS to get code and suddenly everything worked.

• Hi @phxmrc

How many records do you see at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Ben

• phxmrc
    phxmrc
    Community Member

I'm not sure what you mean. Currently I have a total of 475 items (passwords etc) in the devices that are working correctly. On the devices I'm trying to add, there are 28.
    I noticed that the new devices do not have the iCloud vault which I assume is where the other devices share the data from. It seems to me based on the few saved passwords etc. on the new devices that it is old data from way before I set up the family account and I have been unable to figure out set up the correct vault for them to use.
    Are you not able to look at the account/s to determine the issue??

• @phxmrc

Are you not able to look at the account/s to determine the issue??

We're not able to see anyone's 1Password data other than our own. Not only is your 1Password data protected from would-be attackers, it is also protected from us.

I noticed that the new devices do not have the iCloud vault which I assume is where the other devices share the data from. It seems to me based on the few saved passwords etc. on the new devices that it is old data from way before I set up the family account and I have been unable to figure out set up the correct vault for them to use.

iCloud is not involved in syncing 1Password data when using a 1Password membership. If iCloud is still involved, then you have not successfully completed the upgrade. On the iMac, do you see an option for Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account... under Help > Tools in the 1Password for Mac menu bar? If so that option should help. You may need to first switch to the "Primary" vault using the vault switcher (Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary).

I'm not sure what you mean. Currently I have a total of 475 items (passwords etc) in the devices that are working correctly. On the devices I'm trying to add, there are 28.

What I mean is that you should be able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser. There you should see a "Personal" vault. Clicking on that vault should show you all of your items.

Ben

• phxmrc
    phxmrc
    Community Member

Got it figured out, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.